Q: What services are included in the monthly price at Cypress Assisted Living?
- RN supervision
- Medication administration
- Home-cooked meals and snacks
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, and dressing
- 24-hour supervision
- Friendly, well-trained staff
- Laundry service and housekeeping
- Incontinence care
- Wheelchair accommodations
- Expert wound care supervision
- Monthly physician visit
- Monthly beautician visit
- Referral to community resources
- Referral to transportation services
- Referral to healthcare providers
- Notary Public Service
Q: Do you provide transportation?
No, but we will refer you to a reputable transportation service.
Q: What kind of activities do you offer?
We function much more like a family than an institution, with the normal ebb and flow of a typical home. Activities include all kinds of games, Sit and Be Fit exercises, crafts, manicures, animal visits, birthday parties, and holiday events. Even if a resident chooses not to participate, they enjoy watching others’ involvement.
Q: How is the food?
- A full-time chef plans and prepares meals.
- It is fresh, home-cooked, and “made from scratch”.
- Food is important to us so great care is taken to ensure quality.
Q: Do you provide beautician services?
A beautician trims hair once a month.
Q: Can we take our mom out?
Q: Does a physician come to see residents?
- House Call Doctors visit once a month.
- He orders blood tests, x-rays, and EKGs, which can be done on-site.
- He also handles prescription refills and medical monitoring.
- A podiatrist comes every 3 months.
Q: What about physical therapy?
Home Health provides nursing services and physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
Q: Do you allow smoking and/or alcoholic drinks at Cypress Assisted Living?
Q: Can residents bring their own TV?
Q: Is there a phone in each room?
- No, but you can bring one.
- Most residents use the house phone or a personal cell, depending on their cognition.
- You are welcome to call at any time.
- Residents are also welcome to call out on the house phone.
Q: Do you accept residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease?
Q: Who provides the furniture?
- A bed, dresser, chair and linens are provided at no charge.
- Families can bring a night stand or special chair, if they’d like.
Q: What are visiting hours?
9 am – 9 pm.
Q: Do you allow pets?
They are welcome to visit, but not stay.
Q: Do you accept residents who require tube feedings?
Q: Do you have men and women at your facility?
Q: Do you accept “bed bound” residents?
Residents are typically ambulatory, walk with a walker, or use a wheelchair with minimal assistance for transfers.
Q: Is WiFi available?
Q: Are young children allowed to visit?
Q: Do you accept Medicaid reimbursement?
Q: How can I reserve a room?
The non-refundable $1,500 Community Fee holds a room for 2 weeks.
— F.A., Current Resident Family Member